What is Prolieve®
- The physician will insert a catheter into your urethra.
- When microwave energy is turned on, it will be transmitted from a special antenna inside the catheter to provide heat to your prostate.
- The heat will reduce the enlarged tissue of your prostate.
- A small balloon that is also part of the catheter will inflate within the section of the urethra close to where the prostate is located.
- During the entire 45-minute procedure, water will be circulating inside the catheter through your urethra.